Frequently Accessed Resources
Preneed Calculator (XLSX file. Updated 8/4/2017)
Consumer Complaint Information
Consumer Complaint Form
The Board's Governing Statutes and Rules
Who We Are
The North Carolina Board of Funeral Service is established under the provisions of Chapter 90 of the North Carolina General Statutes. Members of the Board are appointed by the Governor and the General Assembly.
The purpose of the North Carolina Board of Funeral Service is to safeguard the public health, safety, and welfare of North Carolina citizens by ensuring that those individuals and entities licensed for the practice of funeral services in this state are duly qualified.
- The Board-sponsored Preneed Review and FTC Review courses will be offered at the Board office on October 24, 2017.
Bidders are invited to submit a proposal in response to the Board’s Request for Proposal for Selection of an Audit Firm to provide annual audit services in accordance with the requirements set forth in the Request for Proposal (RFP) (click here to access). The Board’s accounting system and audit requirements are described in the attached RFP.
- Should you have more specific questions on the Board's financial operations to allow you to more fully respond to the RFP, you should direct all questions in writing by email to email@example.com.
- The original and two copies of your proposal must be received no later than October 16, 2017 by 4:30 p.m. or your proposal will otherwise be disqualified.
- The proposals will be reviewed by the Board’s Finance and Personnel Committee, which will provide a recommendation of the selected vendor to the full Board at its November 8, 2017 meeting.
- All bidders, whether they are successful or unsuccessful, will be notified of the results.
* * *